Over 20 hours / 350+ slides
We are closing the registration soon.
Yes, LTE Understanding
What makes our 5G Training Programs unique?
Our experts are NOT trainers on a regular basis, but they are R&D Directors, 3GPP Delegates, FCC or OFCOM Senior Advisors, Executives and Entrepreneurs of innovative start-ups, who possess years of experience. Nothing to be found on the market.
Industry Certification. You get certificates that are recognized within the industry and help you be promoted or find another yet more lucrative job opportunity.
Methodology. A blended content format, from self-paced videos, interactive discussions, live-chats, exercises, and tests are here, 24/7, available online.
Community. Access to over 10 000 Professionals around the world to share insights, questions, and answers.
"Amazing course, very well structured, great content, great details, easy to understand. Outstanding lecturer with great knowledge and experience provides clear explanations."
Laaziz Chettouh, Telecom Professional
"One of the best highly practical courses I have taken to date. It takes a relatively boring topic and keeps you engaged with the exciting opportunities we will have with increased bandwidth and low latency.”
Christopher Williamson – RF Engineer, Sprint
"The trainers for me were of significant value because they represent two things that I think are really critical. Number one is that both trainers with whom I have the most direct experience were very experienced in the market itself. They had commercial experience as entrepreneurs working for big companies as well as small companies very directly in the telecommunications industry. The second thing that’s really important for a trainer to be good is an understanding of pedagogy and the process of learning. They use that to present the material so that it lands and finds a home in the brains of the learners in multiple ways. The high-caliber trainers we dealt with had both the experience and pedagogical passion.”
Roger Nichols, 5G Program Manager, Keysight Technologies
Kamran Etemad, PhD
Senior Technology Adviser
90+ Patents in PHY and MAC Design
25+ Years of experience in telecom Industry
3GPP Delegate and Contributor
Senior Advisor, FCC
Former R&D Director, Intel
VP of Advanced Technology and Strategy, WFI
Executive Consultant, Sprint-Nextel
Get Recognition and Boost Your Career
What I am getting?
Get Trained and accelerate your career.
Over 350+ slides and Videos
6-month access to the course + updates
The certificate that is recognized within the industry by companies like Sprint, Apple, Cisco, Samsung, Spirent, Keysight, Nokia, to name a few
Community - over 10 000 Professionals worldwide.
Assistance in getting a new job in 5G market
350+ Slides / Videos
This course provides an in-depth description of 5G New Radio (NR) technology as defined by 3GPP standards and specifications. The content and flow are structured to introduce the NR air interface with a focus on technical design principles and their impacts on performance and deployments. Starting with a brief background on the 5G requirement, standardization landscape, and roadmap, and following a short review of the LTE air interface, the course presents 5G RAN and Core, architecture, and protocol structure. The discussion is then followed by a detailed description of the physical layer including time and frequency resource structure, channelization, scheduling, transmission protocols.
The course also presents the step by step process followed by a UE from downlink synchronization to uplink access and operation in the connected mode under power saving, mobility, and beam management. Given NR has the same technical foundation as LTE and is expected to co-deploy with LTE for many years the course also opportunistically makes comparisons with the LTE system. The contents of this course are kept up to date with the evolution of standards and may be adjusted to best reflect the state of NR technology.
1. 5G Requirements and Standardization
- IMT-2020/5G Requirements
- 3GPP Standardization Process and Time Lines
- Preview of Key Design Principles and Features in NR
2. Super Quick Review of LTE
- E-UTRAN/EPC Architecture and Protocol Architecture
- Frame Structure, Physical Channels and Signals
- Resource allocation and Transmission Protocols
- System Access and Mobility Management
- Carrier Aggregation and Dual Connectivity
- LTE Roadmap to LTE-Advanced (Pro)
3. 5G RAN and 5G Core Network Architecture
- 5GC/RAN Overview
- Overview of key Network Functions and Interfaces
- 5G RAN Functions and Internal Architecture
- 5G Co-deployment and Migration Options
- Review Discussion and Comparison with LTE
4. NR Air Interface Protocol Layers
- Overview of Control and User Plane Protocols
- SDAP and QoS Handling
- PDCP and Packet Duplication
- RLC and MAC Functions
- RRC Functions
- NAS Signaling
- Review Discussion and Comparison with LTE
5. NR Transmission’s Time and Frequency Structure
- Band Dependent and Flexible Numerology
- Unified Frame Structure (FDD/TDD/Unlicensed)
- Flexible Start times and Duration (Mini Slots & Slot Aggr.)
6. Physical Channels Design and Structures
- Overview Logical, Transport and Physical Channels
- BCH and Synchronization Signal Block (SSB)
- PDCCH Structure and DCI Signaling
- PDSCH and PUSCH Structure and PHY Processing
- PUCCH Structure and Formats
- PRACH Structure and Formats
7. Physical Layer Reference Signals
- DL and UL Demodulation Reference Signals (DMRS)
- Phase Tracking Reference Signals (PT-RS)
- Channel State Reference Signals (CSI-RS)
- Tracking Reference Signals (T-RS)
- Sounding Reference Signals (SRS)
8. Resource Allocation and Transmission Schemes
- Dynamic Resources Allocation Types
- HARQ Transmission Protocol and Feedback
- Dynamic DL Scheduling
- Dynamic UL Scheduling (SR/BSR/PHR)
- Configured Grant/SPS Scheduling
- Pre-emptive Scheduling
- Reserved Resources
- Overview of DCIs for DL and UL Allocation
- Power Control and Timing Alignment
9. Multi-Antenna Transmissions and Beam Management
- DL MIMO Operation
- Examples DL MIMO Operations
- Single and Multi-Port Channel Sounding
- CSI Feedback Types and Report Configuration
- UL MIMO Operation
- UL MIMO Precoding
- Multi-Port SRS Configuration
- Code based & Non-Code Based UL MIMO
- Beam Management in NR
- Analog, Digital and Hybrid Beamforming
- Beam Establishment & Change
- Beam Failure Detection and Recovery
- Review Discussion and Comparison with LTE
10. Initial Synchronization and Access in NR
- Overview Initial Access and RRC Connection Establishment
- DL Synchronization and Cell/Network Selection
- RF Scanning and DL Slot Synchronization
- Obtaining Minimum and Other System Information
- UL Synchronization and PRACH Procedures
- Contention-Based and Contention Free RACH Procedures
- Beam Sweeping & Selection in Initial Access
11. Power Saving and Mobility Management
- UE RRC States and Procedures
- Idle State Mobility and CN Based Paging
- Inactive State Mobility and RAN Based Paging
- RRM Measurements and Connected State Mobility
- DRX Operation in Connected State
- Radio Link Failure
12. Spectrum, Multicarrier Operation, and RF Requirement
- NR-LTE Co-deployment & Coexistence
- NR-NR and NR-LTE Dual Connectivity
- DL and UL sharing
- Supplemental Uplink
- 5G/NR Spectrum Bands and Carrier Bandwidths
- Overview of RF Requirements
13. Quick Preview of Key upcoming NR Features
- NR in Unlicensed Band (NRU)
- Integrated Access and Backhaul (IAB)
- NR for V2X
- NR Positioning
- Remote Interference Management (RIM)
- NR for Non-Terrestrial Networks (NTN)
Is the tuition cost all-inclusive?
Yes! It is a one-time payment, and covers all program features and benefits.
What are the payment methods?
You can pay by credit card, PayPal or bank wire transfer. For the latter one - you need to request bank account details from by sending an email to: info@5G-Courses.com.
Are there any group discounts available?
Yes! Please tell us a little bit more about your needs and a potential number of participants and we are willing to come up with a proposal. Email us at: info@5G-Courses.com.
What are the prerequisites for enrollment?
You should be familiar with wireless technologies in general and ideally with LTE.
Are there scholarships available for this program?
Not yet, but we are working on this. Please email us to info@5G-Courses.com to learn more.
What is the refund policy?
There is no refund option possible since once you get access to the learning platform you get access to the whole course and all the materials.
When does this course start / end?
The early-bird registration is available right now. Once the course is launched you have 6 months of access to the learning platform and all the course materials and online forum for Q&As.