Internet of Things in 3GPP (EC-GSM, LTE-M, NB-IoT) Session
Internet of Things in 3GPP (EC-GSM, LTE-M, NB-IoT) session is a technical deep-dive into available connectivity solutions within 3GPP. We will commence with a review on the capabilities of the Extended Coverage-GSM-IoT (EC-GSM-IoT), and then deal in details with the emerging NB-IoT and eMTC solutions. We will discuss pros and cons of each, and try to understand how each technology will be used over the coming years.
- understand the working principles of 3GPP
- comprehension of various 3GPP technologies
- appreciate pros and cons of each of these
- understanding of EC-GSM, LTE-M and NB-IoT
- appreciate importance of features & impact on architecture
- On-demand access to all 8 activities within this course for 3-month timeframe
- Access to the internal forum for Q&As
- Official Certificate with Prof. Mischa Dohler signature
5G-Courses.com are designed to fit the schedules of busy professionals. That’s why each course is self-paced and available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Free Trial Version
We offer a free trial version of the IoT in 5G course with limited number of activities. To have access to the trial version - please go HERE.
- IoT in 3GPP - The 3GPP Connectivity Family
- Session Overview and learning outcomes
- Activity #1a: Introduction to 3GPP
- Activity #1b: Introduction to 3GPP
- Activity #2a: IoT in 3GPP
- Activity #2b: IoT in 3GPP
- Activity #3: EC-GSM
- Activity #4a: LTE-M
- Activity #4b: LTE-M
- Activity #5a: NB-IoT
- Activity #5b: NB-IoT
- Further Reading 
- Activity #5c: NB-IoT
- Further Reading 
- Activity #6: 3GPP System Design
- Activity #7: Tech Comparison
- Activity #8a: Quiz
- Activity #8b: Quiz
- Activity #8c: Quiz
- Activity #8d: Quiz
Mischa Dohler is full Professor in Wireless Communications at King’s College London, driving cross-disciplinary research and innovation in technology, sciences and arts. He is the Director of the Centre for Telecommunications Research, co-founder of the pioneering smart city company Worldsensing, Fellow of the IEEE and the Royal Society of Arts (RSA), and a Distinguished Member of Harvard Square Leaders Excellence.
He is a frequent keynote, panel and tutorial speaker, and has received numerous awards. He has pioneered several research fields, contributed to numerous wireless broadband, IoT/M2M and cyber security standards, holds a dozen patents, organized and chaired numerous conferences, was the Editor-in-Chief of two journals, has more than 200 publications, and authored several books. He has a citation h-index of 43.
He acts as policy, technology and entrepreneurship adviser, examples being Richard Branson’s Carbon War Room, David Willetts’ 8 Great Technology Fund, Regulator Ofcom, UK Ministries, EPSRC ICT Strategy Advisory Team, European Commission, Tech London Advocate, ISO Smart City working group, and various start-ups.
He is also an entrepreneur, composer & pianist, and fluent in 6 languages. He has talked at TEDx. He had coverage by national and international TV & radio, and his contributions have featured on the BBC and the Wall Street Journal.